Saturday, 31 March 2012
This week I traced the outline of my tessellation on to an A3 piece of paper so I know where to place the print. Once I had done that I started to print my tessellations. I was unsure of the pattern I wanted them in and which colours to use. I got half way through and I decided that I did not like the colour combination or the quality of my printing so I have decided that I will re-trace and print after the Easter brake. It should be easier now that I have had some practice.
Saturday, 24 March 2012
I finished cutting out my tessellation in this weeks lesson. I am a bit behind on my work because I was absent for last weeks lesson but I am sure that I will be able to catch up. It was a little difficult cutting my tessellation out because the linoleum that I was using was quite hard but i managed to do it in the end by scoring the linoleum and then cutting it out with scissors.
Saturday, 17 March 2012
Saturday, 10 March 2012
In this weeks lesson I started to make my own tessellation for my assignment. I have made the paper template and i am just about to start cutting it out of the linoleum so that I can ink it up and make the tessellation prints on the paper. My tessellation is a wave sort of pattern but I have not decided which colours to use for the final product yet.
Sunday, 4 March 2012
We have started a new unit studying tessellations. During this weeks lesson we viewed a slide show with some examples of tessellations. We then had a go at making our own but mine did not turn out very good because the paper i was working with was not perfectly square so they did not line up. I will try and get a picture of it next week.